Wednesday, April 23, 2014

March 24, 2014

We been having little earthquakes all week. I'm kind of just used to it now. But, it's not normal, and everyone keeps talking about the big one that's coming. I hope that that isn't going to come to pass. 

We had an amazing conference on Friday with President Dalton. He emphasized different points from a seminar with Elder Ballard, about talking with everyone we see, sutdying and internalyzing chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel, using the Manual de Éxito ( the manual of success, the little white missionary manual), and using the Directory to find Less Actives and finding new people to teach through them. I learned so much.

At the end of the conference the president announced to help us focus more on finding through members and less actives, it is now prohibited to go tracting. We are no longer allowed to knock doors. I'm excited for this new challenge. Bring it on.

I have been studying a ton chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel this week per reqest of Elder Ballard. I was really focusing on the gospel of Jesus Christ, about faith, repentence, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end, and how they all conect and relate and work beautifully together. So, when I was asked to give a talk in chruch on sunday, I spoke all about what I learned in my studies. It was the first talk I've given where I didn't read my talk. I wrote it out, but when I got up there, I was so excited to share what I learned I just talked and taught. It was awesome. 

Also during the conference, they encouraged us to challenge people more often for baptism. So, we challenged María to be baptized. She said it would be slow, but that she would be baptized. We are excited for her. We are also teaching a son of a recent convert, Nicolas, who will be baptized on his birthday in April. Things are going great in Zegers. I feel God's love for me and for others every day. It's the best.

Hermana Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment