Wednesday, April 23, 2014

February 24, 2014

On Saturday we received cambio calls, and I'm leaving Copiapó! My new area is Zegers, Iquique. A beach city up north. I will be taking a 14 hour bus ride up there tonight.

Yesterday was an amazing but sad day. The Bishop had me give my testimony as a farewell to our ward. I told them how much I loved them, and how much God loved them. I also mentioned how one day I wanted to come back and see them all there with more. Later during church just about everyone told me I had to keep to that promise, and that they would wait for me and wanted to see me return. I am going to miss Los Pimientos so much.

I also forgot to mention that this week we went to Santiago! Hermana Miner had to get a mole removed, so we took a day tip to Santiago (and slept two nights on buses). The surgery was about 20 minutes, so the rest of the day we were able to visit the distribution center, eat a real dinner with the missionary couple there, and go to the temple. It was beautiful, and we had a great experience. I love serving in the temple, and I can't wait for when I return home and can go as much as I wish!

The week was a little uneventful due to our trip, but we still had great spiritual experiences and wonderful moments. Yocelin is on track to be baptized next week, and Pato and Felipe are still ready for the 8th. I'm sad I won't be able to be there with them for such an amazing time in their life, but I know Hermana Miner and her new compañera will take good care of them.

I have felt so much love here in Los Pimientos. Yesterday as I said farewell, I could feel the love that the members had for me. I know that that kind of love comes from our Heavenly Father. He loves each of us perfectly, and when we are kind and obedient, he gives us portions of his love for others. I love the feeling of a changed heart after praying and working for this kind of love. I can not wait to see my family from Copiapó again. I know I will be with them forever as well as my immediate family. It was sad to say goodbye, but through the atonement of Christ, it is not a lasting goodbye, it is only temporal. I will see them all again.

I love this gospel with all of my heart, and I love sharing it with the world! I love being a missionary!

Hermana Richardson
Me on a mountain (copiapó is in the fog) and Me with Karen, Elda, and Valeria. Karen's nickname is the Reference Queen. I love her so so much!Inline image 1Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment