Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 14, 2014

I'm back in Iquique! We traveled back on Wednesday.

It's a little weird being back, and my stomach is nervous, but other than that I am so happy. I absolutley love my new companion, Hermana Cordova. She's from Peru and we're almost like the same person. It's awesome. We get along so well, and work so well together. 

Conference was amazing. I have never felt so spiritually taken care of. I felt Heavenly Father's love and direction so strongly. He answered my questions and took care of my needs. The elders set up a room to watch it in English, so I could fully understand everything. 

I noticed how strongly the apostles are preparing us for hard times ahead. So many emphasized the importance of building our foundation on Christ, and heeding the counsels of Heleman 5:12. There were strong tesimonies of Jesus Christ, and how if we follow him and his gospel, we will not fall. I felt strongly they were testifying of hard times coming. When the saints will be persecuted more than we have known. Are you ready to defend your faith, to let your faith show? To be disciples of Christ in every moment, and then to be joyful and thankful in the midst of your trials? 

To prepare, they suggested to do the basics. Pray daily, study your scriptures AND Preach My Gospel, actively partake of the sacrament, daily repentance, and a daily change of heart and motivation to be more like the savior Jesus Christ. These small things are what bring the spirit into our day to day lives and that is what helps us stay true and faithful. If we are to survive in this world, we have to have Heavenly Father's help. We can't do it alone. We need the Holy Ghost to be with us always.

These are just a few things that I learned and now love. These teachings are from prophets, who speak with God. So, these teachings are what God wants us to hear. We are so important to him, and he gives us exactly what we need to accomplish our goals, to return and live with him. 

I love Jesus Christ and his gospel, and the Hold Ghost that bears witness of the truth of it all. Have a wonderful Easter! Rembember that truth that Jesus Christ died for us, but was resurrected, meaning we will all be ressurected, to be brought before our father once again, and have the chance to live with him, in a perfect state. How thankful I am to know that my Redeemer lives.

Hermana Richardson

p.s. I was blessed to find Peeps in a super market. My Easter will be extra joyful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment