Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 21, 2014

It has been an amazing week. 

María has been in Bolivia this past week, and actually, a lot of people have been gone. Because of the earthquakes, Iquique has been a litle bit like a ghost town. But it's okay. We're having great success.

We've been working a little in H. Cordova's old sector, teaching the single women that the elders can't, giving us more opportunities to teach! We also taught Julio, an investigator that the other Hermanas were teaching, but we found he lives in our area. So, we had a very long but very good lesson with him. 

He's a little obsessed with gringos, and likes to ask me a lot of questions. But I always brought it back to the gospel. But he is interested and at one point asked how we balance religion and life. It seems like either one or the other has more time. He asked me how i would balance it after my mission. I explained that my religion isn't a part of my life, it is my life. This knowledge is what makes me who I am. What I do in my family, at school, all ties into my religion. When I spend time with my family, I am serving them, and service is pure religion. When I study I am following God's request to seek knowledge, expanding my mental capacities to further help and serve others. Everything ties back to the gospel.

After I answered he shook my hand. I challenged him to be baptized for May 3 with his son. He seemed a little warry, and I explained the importance of making goals, or it is hard to progress. He accepted it as a goal.

Easter Sunday was my favorite day by far. We heard a lot of cannon and gun shots. I think it has something to do with Semana Santa. The day before we made tons of little notes for the people we love, and basically anyone we talk to. We handed them out all day, telling everyone to have a ¡Feliz Pascua!. I just felt so much love that day, and so much love for my savior. 

One thing I loved from my Easter reading was in John 20,

11 ¶But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
 12 And seeth two aangels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
 13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
 14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and asawJesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
 15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
 16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, aMaster.
 17 Jesus saith unto her, aTouch me not; for I am not yetbascended to my cFather: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my dFather, and your Father; and to my God, and your God
Mary doesn't recognize Jesus until he says her name. One day he will say our name, and we will recognize him, and we will be filled with joy and amazment, just as Mary, to see our risen Lord. Then we will be able, through our faithfulness, to enter into the presence of our Father and our God, as well as Christ's. Becuase he is our brother. Our brother died for us, but He lives, meaning we will all live again. I know he lives.

Hermana Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment