Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 13, 2014

This week was amazing. The spirit was so abundant all week I'm surprised I still had strength at the end of the week.
Maty left for Arica to visit his mom, but we left him with chapters to read, and he promised he would learn seriously again when I got bacl, and that he would be baptized. We have been praying so much for him, and I know that his answer was God's answer to our prayers and fasting. God knows how to change hearts.
Alberto got back from the mine and came to church yesterday! He's been debating between our church and the evangelical church where his girlfriend goes. He came to lunch with us yesterday at a member's, Mirsa's, home, who has kids his age, Nicole 22 and Jorge 30. We're good friends with them as well, and Santiago was there, so it was a very fun time, which was great for Alberto to be fellowshipped. He didn't know mormons could have fun! He should go to BYU and see haha. He went to a YSA activity last night as well with Santiago and Jorge and Santiago called saying he had a fun time and talked to a lot of people.
We had a few different lessons with Maribel, Ariel, Miriam, and Adalid. But Saturday was the best. It was a family home evening, so we started by singing Hark all ye Nations and introducing the Book of Mormon. We talked a little about what it is and what it can do for us. We talked about some of the history and then watched the Testaments. It was perfect. The spirit was quietly there the whole time, but as Christ came down and ministered unto the people, the spirit was strong, and there were tears from our investigators. When the movie ended everyone was wiping their eyes with big smiles on their faces, including me. We answered questions and bore our testimonies. Then, Maribel told us the worst news. She and Ariel are going back to Bolivia. Tomorrow. My poor missionary heart was broken. They are going back to be with their kids, and find the church there, but that means we can't teach them. I almost wanted to cry. They felt so bad to tell us. We said it was fine, as long as they found the missionaries there, which they said they would. We took pictures together, and on sunday at church we gave them a little presend bag we made for them with CTR rings in spanish, book marks, american candy, and our information so they can write us. It was hard to see them go, but I know that we'll see them again. And Mariam and Adalid are still here, so we are still going to teach them.
In almost all the scriptures I shared this week, I had felt impressed to talk about Jesus Chirst. I have been coming to know him  more and more throughout my time here. I love this one verse that reminds me of the Hill Cumorah Pageant when I read it, and I am filled with love.

15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I acreated the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. bI am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
18 I am the alight and the life of the world. I am bAlpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

He is the light of the world, and he is the light of my world. Someone who has almost nothing can have everything if he really knows Jesus Christ. I love my savior. And I love all of you! Have a wonderful week, and be as Christlike as you possibly can!

Hermana Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment