Wednesday, April 23, 2014

March 31, 2014

We had an awesome week. Friday, Satruday, and Sunday were the best ever.

On friday we had a ward activity, a Carnival of Games. We decorated and made mountains of popcorn (literaly) that we put in cute little white bags. Every organization had a game to set up, and we had music playing. We encouraged everyone to bring non- member friends, family, neighbors, just any one. 

It was an awesome turn out. So many members came and we had about 15 non members. We walked around and talked to all the guests. Most were friends who came to just have fun, but we did get a few references which was great. 

Then Saturday was amazing too. We went to the women's conference, which was amazing. I haven't felt the spirit so strong for so long in a while. And being my mom's daughter, I couldn't help but get teary eyed every five minutes. The music was beautiful, the videos were inspiring, the talks were amazing. I left commited to change and strive harder to be more like Christ. I was so excited to work hard.

On Sunday my body felt like it wanted to die and not get up ever again. I took that as Satan wanting me to stay put and that something great was going to happen that day. So, I fought my sleepy eyes and walked, talked and taught all day long. My work was blessed. We had a lesson with María at the end of our night. We have been trying to get her to read the Book of Mormon, but she keeps forgetting.

SO, we told her, we're going to read it with you. So we read 3 Nephi 11, because she really wants to know more about the teachings of Christ. The spirit was beautiful. We read, we bore testimony, and she promised to read more. We told her that we wanted her to read, but also to pray. We told her that we wanted her to know for sure, that this was from God. We read Moroni's promise, and she said she would do it.

I love the Spirit. I also really like being obedient. When we are obedient, we have the spirit, and can see miracles. When we are obedient, the Lord can trust us more, and bless us more. It's a promise that we have. I learned a lot from Moses 5, if you want to read a little. The Lord loves you and is mindful of you. Always remember him.

Hermana Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment